Wednesday, October 25

all work and no play

A while back my friend Tory posted an email about getting to jump rope at work. I to have had that experience. All the girls laughed at my because I couldn't do it. But yesterday we showed up at work to help dig/move some dirt out in the front lawn. We took out part of our parking lot to make for more lawn play area. Some people are coming back to finish the project this weekend but we needed to clean up a little. We were marking tools to be used this weekend and we went in the basement of the Lazarus House (which is now being affectionately called 'The Department Store' because we have so much stored... many old old bikes, a variety of old broken or out dated unhook up able appliances... some were collected by Ron and are worth money and other things donated). I must rant for a moment totally off subject. Why do people feel they can donate broken and very out dated items to ministries. We are supposed to be giving out first fruit to God not our beat up worthless broken crap. This has been bothering me lately. I am not saying don't donate or only donate new things but please don't donate clearly crap things please take them to the dump yourself.

Just as I got distracted by my thoughts yesterday we got distracted by some scooters we found. There were 4 of them and there were 4 of us at work yesterday. Who gets scooter around their place of business and around the block. I do, I do! Here are some pictures for your enjoyment...
Don't be jealous because I have the coolest job ever!
The Boss and his wife (Ron and Donna)


Ron Scootering

1 comment:

Tory Jane said...

Katee,

I LOVE IT! So fun... Seriously, how cool are we that we get to have such fun at work? I had one of those thoughts today as I played with this little two year old who was visiting our office... We batted around a beach ball, played with a singing Grover doll, looked out the window to see what things we could find, and played with this weird plastic tube that makes noises when you swing it. SO MUCH FUN!

Sometimes, when I get really down about how hard ministry is, I think about the times I get to play, or the smiles I get to see on a daily basis, and I can't help but think how undeservedly blessed I am...