Monday, July 3

been awhile

well, it has been a few weeks or rather almost maybe a month. life has been going well. it has it's moments but i am confident the adjustment is well under way and may be over soon. i started my job with the kids and cleaning up the neighborhoods, i love my job. when i am not there i just want to be there. it is amazing. i know part of that is the fascination of a new job but more than that i am where God wants me to be and that makes getting up in the morning a lot easier. i have already seen a change in the kids from day to day.

one little kid, jamel, is very cute. jamel is 6 and lives in a crack house. the first couple of days he was very tough and didn't want to play the 'kid' games. i tried to talk to him but the outer shell seemed rough. i had the chance to walk him home the next day he held my hand the whole way. when we got to his house he gave me a hug and asked, "you gonna be there tomorrow?" as i said "yes" a big smile spread across his face and he went in the house. jamel continues to come back everyday. somedays the attitude is worse than others and other days he is soft and tender. it makes me wonder what happens while he is at home to make him so mad. is he abused in some way on those nights or mornings. he always gives me a hug now, willingly i rarely have to ask for one anymore. the other day he came and he had the biggest belt buckle i have ever seen on a 6 year old it was as big as my fist, with some silver bling. that's my friend jamel.

God has continued to be so faithful in providing financially for me. grace will be providing some funds, but not covering all. i was a little bummed when i heard it but i also knew that would be too easy, if i am walking by faith. the same day i found this out God spoke to friends of mine and i got a check for $100 and then a week later in my mail was over $400 in gift cards for gas, food, and fun. God is very good. he takes care of my every need.

No comments: